Writing Tips & Tools

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Non-fiction Book Proposals

I was speaking at a conference this past weekend in San Diego, and I offered help with making industry contacts. For the world of me I couldn't locate the informational data I was trying to find. Now that I have located it in the myriad of files I have, I decided to post it here so that I can't misplace it again!

This PDF is a fabulous layout for a non-fiction book proposal that Mike Hyatt created quite a few years ago. Regardless of its age, the concept and layout are valid today. (It's amazing how, the more things change, the more they remain the same!)

Granted, your agent (if you have one) may have a different format for you to use. But that's fine! Go with what the agent gives you. They are the ones directing your career. But for those that don't have an agent for advice, this is a great and professional way to lay it out.

Mike Hyatt gives a great bit of advice as you read through it: "Remember, your proposal may be the only opportunity you will have to sell yourself and your concept to the publisher. Make every word count. Make certain that you come across well. First impressions make for lasting impressions."

You can download "Writing A Winning Book Proposal by Mike Hyatt" HERE.

Sig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment